244 capstan motor replacement - can't remove "crown" - Help please?

rumjitbokum

I have a 244 with pitch/speed problems. I'm confident the belt, idlers and pinch roller are fine, so I would like to replace the capstan motor with one from a donor machine and see if that addresses the issues i am having, BUT...

I am having difficulty disassembling the motor to access the PCB and desolder the wires because I can't figure out how to remove the "crown" - by "crown" I am referring to the metal part with a groove for the capstan belt which sits on the shaft of the motor - while this is on the shaft, I can't get the PCB at the base of the motor out of its metal casing.

Of course I could just cut the wires and solder those, but this seems messy,so before I do that does anyone know how I remove this part form the shaft?

That is called the pulley and it is removed by lacquer thinner or the fast way is to heat it with a BIC lighter. The pull off with pliers.

Thanks, that is very helpful. If I want to attach the pulley to a replacement motor, is there a particular adhesive I should use? Or avoid?

Back