1st post lookin for some guidance

Doobs

i am slowly getting to know, and figure out, how to use my DP 008 EX barely proficient in all things "tech" :eek:
but mostly, enjoying the steps along the way ....

i am seeking info/advice for attaching speakers to the unit ...

the rca inputs indicate i can use something a little better quality than the computer speaker i just tried,
though i do not intend to spend much
(not at this time anyway)
so, cheeper the better...:o
till deciding if ?!?! :guitar::wtf::cool::guitar: i want to get further into it
to display my ignorance in full view , i am actually unsure of what sort of power the tascam emits, thus what size speaker it will drive ?

thanx

The RCA Outputs are "Line Level". That means the signal is not strong enough to drive speakers. You will need an amp of some kind for your speakers. That amp can be a separate component or it can be part of the speaker. A studio speaker with an amp built-in is called an Active Monitor.

Alesis M1Active 330 USB | Sweetwater

This one is the cheapest at Sweetwate and would work with your tascam.

thanx ... learning curve in motion ...

likely would not need more than that is my guess
tho, in a qwik review ( amazon ) saw some negatives ...and to take a step further , recommendation for M1 Active 320 instead ...
$ 20 more ... so will ask here , is the 320 a worthwhile "step up" ... and it would still be a unit that could be used w/ my tascam ?

cheeep being relative i suppose

thanx

I don't know those speakers at all. I put them up only for reference so you can get an idea of what to look for. For what it's worth, I don't take any Amazon review too seriously.

Ideally, you are looking for a flat response in a studio monitor. You want an accurate representation of your mix so you can make valid mix choices. Home stereo speakers will accentuate the highs and lows to flatter the music; or are designed to work in corners or large rooms, etc. They aren't very accurate.

Important side note: Your room plays as important a role as your studio monitors for an accurate representation of your mix. That does open a whole new can o' worms. :D

i did a little customizing, to the room, have a VERY basic understanding of those requirements ...
though i do not approach the whole process as fervently as most, in this forum likely do, as time passes, perhaps that will change ....
that said, the Tascam i'm using ( DP 008 EX ) ... is there a more specific "spot" to ask questions ? or would this be the best place ... again, so "basic" do not want to wear out the welcome ... thanx
( did order the 330's )

Back