16-08 and the Mac Driver

sbrady

I am interested in buying this unit, my thinking is that you HAVE to have to driver/app open for all 16 inputs to get into your DAW. What if TASCAM one day stops updating the driver to keep up with Apple OS and BAM, that day you only have 8 inputs. Anybody else see this coming. I was thinking of the Behringer but I will NOT ever use the ADAT port, so that is why the TASCAM is better for me. Any other suggestions.

Hi,
Tascam specifically list Mojave (10.14) as being supported and the last update for their driver is this month so I'd put them in the 'likely to keep going' group.
Any manufacturer can discontinue a product at any time leaving you standing still, all the same.

What if TASCAM one day stops updating the driver to keep up with Apple OS and BAM, that day you only have 8 inputs.

It's more like BAM, that day you have to stay on the OS that you're presently on, maybe...Probably not, though.

The chances of Tascam pulling the plug and the next OS having something you simply must have on your audio rig are probably pretty slim.

Back