Yeah I freaking love Cubase 10 pro

Guitargodgt

Easily the 3 best upgrades so far:

-Selection of VST effects by a snapshot gui instead of just the name of the plugin.
-Control room integrated into the mixer.
-Cubase version of vocalign is pretty spot on.

I have not messed with variaudio 3 but from the sounds of it, it too is a major upgrade.

This is a minor thing but all the stock plugins got a face lift and they are much more pleasing to the eye (IMO)

It's an after thought, but I just remembered that adding new tracks is also fan freaking tastic.

You can specify routing now in the new track window.

A lot of the workflow things are "small" but noticeably faster/better. I find the GUI drag and drop VST selection to be one of the better ones because it's just so easy to see what you want.

Nice! Yeah, I saw that in one of the review videos.

I Upgraded. Have a few projects to work on in 9 so may be a bit before I give it a run.

You have any issues running 9 projects in 10?

None whatsoever - I probably stupidly, upgraded from 9.5 to 10 in the middle of a pile of open projects, and it was seamless. The only small issue was that I'd never written down where all the plug-ins were and that took a b it of back and Forth. I was worried that the 32 bit vast collection I run with bridging software wouldn't work - but was fine.

Oh crap, here I go. Cubase 10 won't start. It hangs at 'Scanning VST3 Plug-ins'.

Joy.

Cubase 9 opens without issue so I'm good there.

Any ideas?

I have a post on the Steiny page as well.

I would suspect one of the paths is the problem - maybe it found a folder with old dlls in it and you just need to manually hide it for the moment. It may simply not know if it should be blacklisted or not. Force close it and try again.

It is the Gulfoss plugin.

I had problems with it in Cubase 9.

Sent a nice bitch to the developer.

And by the way, Cubase 10 is really fucking cool! I tested on the 3 projects I have going and everything seems stable.

So annoying when a favourite plugin just stops. I've got an old native instrument organ vsti I use all the time. The new one as a kontakt instrument isn't a patch on it and it still runs under jbridge. One day however, ...............

What I did was save a final 9.5 file, then tried it in 10, and with one lost/corrupt dll, it worked fine and I never had to revert to 9.5 - although I did notice one weird thing. If I double click on an old 9.5 project, it starts up 9.5, not 10? How strange?

Here is an update:

Gullfoss (soundtheory) support has been awesome so far. Until it seems their office closed.

So far it seems the VST3 version of the software is not liked by C10. C9 also had an issue at first, but it just started working. Then it stopped working after installing C10.

So I made sure to delete any old VST3 folders and restart. Same shit unless I deleted gullfoss from the folder.

So updated the Ilok manager and all to make sure that wasn't an issue. Still the same problem.

Reinstalled Gullfoss with also the VST2 content. Now C9 blacklisted the VST2 and then opened. The VST3 version working fine again.

But C10 still hangs at Scanning VST3 Plug-ins...

Interesting enough, I am finding the Gullfoss file in VST3 folder as 46,278 KB. Way bigger than any other VST I have.

Arouser is 17,000. Fabfilter ProL only 2,000 KB. WaveShell 5,200 KB.

I wonder if there is something going wrong with the install itself.

Sorry, I know. Too much info.

I am not even sure how to find a crash log for this issue, as there has never been a crash. Gullfoss support asked for it. All I have is the one blacklist info for C9. Can't even open C10 with the plug in the VST3 or VST2 folder.

Grrrr...:mad:

C10 Artist. I lost the click and I can't figure out how to get it back. It used to work before; it's been a month or so since I used the click last.

Any ideas?

There's a check box in the metronome panel and it sets the metronome to the stereo bus, I had this unchecked from an old file yesterday and took ages to find it. Maybe that's what's happened to you?

There's a check box in the metronome panel and it sets the metronome to the stereo bus, I had this unchecked from an old file yesterday and took ages to find it. Maybe that's what's happened to you?

As always, sir, very helpful. That was indeed the problem. It isn't very clear or intuitive how Steinberg formats that little pulldown menu.

Thanks Rob!!

I've been dumping loads of tracks from cubase to the software that the player uses - it does a packaging thing with the .wav files, so you must use it - and today, for no reason I can pin it on, cubase unchecked then export as a mono wav check box. I reset it, and did ten or so - stopped for food, and then the next one saved as stereo, which you only notice in the track software, so you have to go back and reserve them. I don't know why this happens, but I suspect that it may be when I have started one track from the create empty button, rather than starting with the menu new command - ones I think uses the settings from the last project, and the other with a clean state - this also requires the metronome stereo button engaging too.

I wanted to take advantage of the current half-price sale, but I downloaded the Elements trial version and it is so miserably slow and laggy that it's completely unusable. The meters are about a measure and a half behind the music; the bar/beat display updates in random jumps rather than smoothly showing where you are in the piece; the program doesn't respond to the mouse smoothly. It's terrible. And Sonar/CBB, Studio One 3.5, Mixbus 32C, even Cubase Artist 6, and any other music software run smoothly and perfectly on my computer (I5, 3.x ghz, 8 GB).

I had to give up on upgrading to v 10, unfortunately.

If you give up this easily, then you will struggle with Cubase.

If it's slow and laggy, 9 times out of 10, Cubase is not using the right driver. If you look at the status monitor, it will show you how hard the processor is working. Elements runs on quite modest computers - so I suspect a PC issue, rather than a software one.

Grrrr...:mad:

C10 Artist. I lost the click and I can't figure out how to get it back. It used to work before; it's been a month or so since I used the click last.

Any ideas?

Under the menu called Transport you will see an option called "metronome setup."

Also the shortcut to turn the click on and off is the key "C"

Back