VST 5 24bit -16Bit

MiXit-G

Ok i have all my 24 bit waves edited and channels automated for mixdown.

Do i export in 24 bit so i can import it into a mastering program..?(please name a couple that work for you).

Or

Export to 16bit and burn??

Thanks

well, I'd say if you're gonna do something with the song (master it) after the Cubase, I'd bring it out of Cubase in 24bit, and then dither down just when you've done everything and are ready to burn the song....cheers
BTW, where abouts in Melbourne are you?

"I'd bring it out of Cubase in 24bit, and then dither down just when you've done everything and are ready to burn the song"

Dither? with what program??

Im in Port Melbourne

I didnt mean to put that little upset face there!

Anyways i dont use any other program other than cubase what do you use to master your tracks?

Where are you in Melbourne?

I use Wavelab for "mastering", if you can call what I do mastering :) ....
But if you only use Cubase, then I would get it "polished off" as much as you can after you mix it in Cubase, and then just export your song as a stereo .wav file at 16 bit 44.1 khz....and then burn it.
I'm in W.Meadows
cheers

Near the airport, handy for when you go on tour!

I actually have wavelab ver3.03 but not installed, do you think it would improve the finished product if i run it thru wavelab compared to just cubase?

MiXit-G said:
Near the airport, handy for when you go on tour!

not really...looks like my tour times are over..hehe...let's hope not

I actually have wavelab ver3.03 but not installed, do you think it would improve the finished product if i run it thru wavelab compared to just cubase?

to be honest, none of the ways are good enough for proper mastering IMHO, but Wavelab could probably help you a bit more in this domain, as it's got a couple of handy effects....(like "puncher")...but Wavelab is exceptionally good for preparing your CD for burning: putting your songs in the order, setting pauses and that sort of stuff....
try it see what you think

MiXit-G said:
Thanks Rock, hey you're a muso then too?

What you into? whats your instrument of choice?

yeah, a bit of a muso :) ...my instrument of choice is my voice:) , eventhough I try to play guitar sometimes , but just try

what about you?

Thanks LT i'll check it out.

Im doing some instrumental stuff at the moment with some open minded guys, cross between godspeed you black emperor and mogwai.

We got a lot of work to do in regard to cohesion but every now and then we hit some really interesting moments.

We use samplers, turntables, synths and your usual guitars drums.

Its fun if anything plus it gives me an outlet to do some challenging recording :)

Back