Using the Mackie 1220 to remote control faders in Cubase

Scorge

Hi,

My school has a Mackie Onyx 1220 and I'm tech'ing a show for them. I'm wondering if it's possible to use the faders on the Mackie to control the faders in Cubase? I can't seem to find any documents on whether or not the mixer supports remote control... I'm wondering if anyone on this thread does.

Zach

From Mackie's FAQ:

20. The faders are not motorized, so how does DAW control get translated to the faders on the 1640i with the FW switch down?
The Onyx 1640i is not a control surface. It is a full featured analog mixer with a FireWire audio interface, but it does not control your DAW nor does it receive control from your software. So your faders never get out of sync.

:)

To my knowledge though there are control surfaces that are not motorized but still function as a control surface. Like some of the larger zoom interfaces IIRC.

Mackie manual said:
It is a full featured analog mixer with a FireWire audio interface, but it does not control your DAW

Sounds eerily familiar.

To my knowledge though there are control surfaces that are not motorized but still function as a control surface. Like some of the larger zoom interfaces IIRC.

Yep, but it's important to distinguish faders from linear encoders. Faders actually pass audio while encoders just put out data that is used indirectly to control audio.

Hey guys, thanks for the responses.
Yeah it wasn't looking like a possibility. I figured something else out though so I'm good! :D

Cheers!

Back