Using a high pass or low pass filter

rgraves

Hi there, can someone help to explain to me how to make a high or low pass filter on Cubase? I've used the EQ on the track mixer a lot, but I couldn't see any kind of complete filter for a wide range of freqencies or something like that. I want to use something like that for bass guitar and then high pass for distorted guitar.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!

On the EQ, click on the number 1 and click the "cut" button below it. This will give you a low cut. You can do the same for the number 4 for a hi-cut.

On the high and low filters turn the Q (bandwidth) control (bottom knob) fully clockwise. It will say High P or Low P in the Q window and you're away.

Oh yeah, I should have specified, sorry. I have SX3...the method Kevin mentioned seems the only one that would make sense in the version I have. I will try that, thanks a lot!!

A band pass filter allows a selected ‘band’ of frequencies to ‘pass’ and rejects frequencies either side of that selected range.

So if you think about it, engaging both high and low pass filters at the same time gives you a band pass filter.

Uh Doi! I just realized I was referring to the "Q" plug in that comes with SX3. I think it sounds better than their standard EQ channel. Sorry for the misinformation.

BTW- SX4 is said to have a much better updated EQ. I hope that's not just hype. Cheers, Rez

Back