Tutorial: Bounce Multiple Audio Events from Cubase Simultaneously

Scorge

I made a tutorial on a method to export every single audio event in a session (with processing) automatically. This does not involve using the batch export function, but rather creating a similar sort of function using Cubase's macro system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5by2KYiyVI

Hope this helps you guys out!

Haha thanks! I used to do audio recording tutorials a few years ago, recently got back into it. They're fun to do and usually generate a positive response, which is great.

I recently did a recording of a live event and had a few dozen processed audio tracks of varying lengths. The batch export function as far as I'm aware wont automatically set the locators to the length of each event, so I'd wind up with all the audio files at the same length, which I couldn't deliver (who wants their short song to have three minutes of silence at the end?). Instead of sitting in front of the computer waiting for 20 mins to bounce everything out, I thought this method out where I can do all my mixing and leave the computer to do all of the bouncing at the end.

This macro can be applied to many different scenarios: exporting edited SFX from location recording, mastering (if you're weird and master in Cubase like I do), anytime you need to bounce out one event after the other.

Batch export is used more for multi-track and stem exporting, where the length of each file doesn't matter. This function allows you to bounce out multiple events, while retaining the original length of each audio file. Useful if you have 100 edited sound effects back to back on a single track, or have multiple songs you recorded in a single session that you want to export automatically without hovering over the audio export window :)

Ah yes, I see now (actually watched it).

Actually very useful, I've been using Cubase for 10 years now and it's nice to know there is still more to it.

Back