Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trying to hook MPK49 up with cubase elements 7....so many questions...

Thanks

Trying to hook MPK49 up with cubase elements 7....so many questions...

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello, I just got a used MPK49 and am attempting to hook it up to Cubase today, with less than satisfactory results.

Here's what I know:

Unit is powered via usb from computer. Blue backscreen is on, as well as orange lights for pitch/mod wheels.
    The Vyzex software is downloaded and seems to be installed/running correctly. (I did not receive a startup CD for the unit)
    There is some degree of recognition, as I can use the MPK to trigger keyboard sounds on a Cubase track -although I'm not actually sure how I got that to work.

What I CAN'T seem to figure out and cannot find any information on, is why I can't get the transport buttons configured.
    Anyone have any insight? Am I better off posting this up in the cubase forum?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Yes, moved to Steinberg forum.

Were you able to select the MPK49 in Devices>Device Setup...(plus sign icon at top left [Add Device])?

Controllers like the Presonus Faderport just worked once the unit was entered here^.

I know the Akai products that I have used have had a separate control panel to change settings. I have never used a keyboard tho. Not sure how to configure.

I am about to purchase one so I am interested in the responses here as well.

Thanks for asking the question.
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Thanks for moving it.

The Akai wasn't listed among the options for devices so I used "generic remote".
    This brings up a dialogue box that asks me for a MIDI in and out. My choices for "input" include: all MIDI inputs, MPK49, or VSL-in1
    I chose the MPK49, is this right? I dunno.

Below the check boxes for MIDI in/out are a list of faders, alongside that are tabs "IMPORT, EXPORT, ADD and DELETE" as well as a check-box for "LEARN"
    No clue what I'm supposed to do with any of that.

Why the @%#* isn't there a very clear cut video tutorial on this???

Thanks
    Sorry man, I can't help much. I am not a controller/keyboard guy.

I have Maschine and it just works without selecting it at all either.

I am sure someone will come along with some actual answers...
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Actually now that I fired up Maschine, it shows after rebooting Cubase. Under Devices>Device Setup...>Remote Devices. Not sure that helps but I at least see it and it seems that control of transport may be set there.

Again I apologize. I just do not know...

Thanks
    Had I known that there were machines that automatically mapped, I would have bought one. This is EXACTLY the kind of thing that I wanted to avoid. I'm a pretty good musician, I am NOT a NASA flight control programmer.

I asked everywhere, "what MIDI controller do I want to buy to use with Cubase?". I asked on this forum, I asked at Sam Ash and Guitar Center. The answer was always, "Aw, ya know man they're all the same pretty much, universal, blah blah"

AAAAARGH LOL!!!

Thanks
    Well, since Steinberg and Yamaha are the same company... Sorry, but just saying. lol!

I did see your post about it but had nothing to offer. Now I feel bad.

I am sure there is a way to make it work. Some NASA/Cubase guy will be around soon I am sure.

Hold tight man.

Thanks
    Hey, did you see this? Shitty video but it seems to possibly be your answers.

Thanks
    What OS are you running? I find it odd that the driver disc is not available from Akai, yet it is obviously needed. Seems you downloaded the only thing available. Maybe you need to make it compatible with your OS? IDK

I am trying to figure this out for you man...

Thanks
    For what it's worth, I wasn't the only one that suggested the Nektar...

Sorry you're having problems dude; is there no documentation as far as an online manual? Have you downloaded the proper drivers, etc? It seems as if there should be some kind of MIDI learn function to map out the faders and knobs but I'm not sure how to do it.

Thread Information