Transport Project Midi sync not working 0_o

arcadeko

Illuminatius Overlordious
I only use the most basic midi functions (like recording a midi track along with audio when I am recording) so I am not a super midi ninja.

All I want to do is get Cubase to start recording when I start the sequencer on my ASR-10 keyboard. I recorded some keys and have the midi going into cubase.

If I do not sync the transport, i can hit record, start the sequencer and Cubase will record the audio and midi tracks fine. I was under the impression that if I sync'd the transport to midi, it would start recording on the first midi signal it received.

I sync it, the recording button turns red, and I hit start on the sequencer, it starts playing but Cubase doesn't start recording. I must be missing something - is there some kind of world-clock or something I am supposed to be using?

Is Cubase supposed to do what I want it to :confused::confused::confused:

Oh and I even RTFM - but it didn't seem to help much.

You need to go into the Project Synchronization Window, you find it in the Transport menu. That's where all the settings are.
I can't right now but if you still can't figure out the settings I'll hook my gear up and let you know what works. I think I had to set my MIDI sequencer as a slave.

You need to go into the Project Synchronization Window, you find it in the Transport menu. That's where all the settings are.
I can't right now but if you still can't figure out the settings I'll hook my gear up and let you know what works. I think I had to set my MIDI sequencer as a slave.

I'll post a screenshot where I messed with the settings.

Try checking off that Always send start message. IIRC the sequencer will start when you hit play/record in Cubase. There may be a setting in the sequencer that needs to be set to recieve this message.

Again, I can't check right now but I will if you're still having problems. It might have to wait til the weekend though.

Try checking off that Always send start message. IIRC the sequencer will start when you hit play/record in Cubase. There may be a setting in the sequencer that needs to be set to recieve this message.

Again, I can't check right now but I will if you're still having problems. It might have to wait til the weekend though.

I tried it with every combination of check boxes checked :eek:
Anyway - don't worry about it - I have been manually matching it up and it seems to be working. A pain to manually go in and change tempo but that doesn't happen in many songs so no worries :)

Are your tempos matching exactly? I've done that too and say I've got cubase and my keys set at 120, yet the keys end up being something like 119.877 so by the end of the song it's all outta whack.

Back