Is there a way to do this in cubase?

tenkas

When I go in input monitor mode in cubase, when I record, I cannot hear what I have recorded before on the same tracks.

Let say I want to overlap 2 parts of a track and I want to hear the track while I am recording, how can I do it?

This did not happen in sonar 3.0 so I suppose cubase should be able to do this!

Thanks

I'm not sure if I understand the question completely, but cant you just punch in with a pre-roll?

If you mean that you have recorded something on a track, and want to record over it on the same track, whilst hearing what you recorded previously...I didn't think that was possible. I would just record to another track if i really wanted to hear what was underneath while recording. Then move the audio to the track I wanted afterwards.

Well,

here would be something simple to demonstrate part of what I want to do:

I create a track called AUDIO 1

I record some voice on it

I want to record some harmonies ON THE SAME TRACK (this is just for the purpose of the example)

and I want to hear what I have recorded first while doing the overdub on the same track....

Hope this helps thanks

lasagne said:
Can I ask why you wouldn't just record the harmonies onto a different track ?

My point exactly. Thats kinda the point of multitracking. If you want them on the same track afterwards you can just move them. But I don't think you can make 2 pieces of audio in the same place on the same track play at the same time. It plays the one on top.

Thanks for the help guys, it's just because it's different then on Sonar (sonar lets you monitor your voice at the same time as what you have already recorded on the same track) but I think I will use punch in's and I have found out how to the lane display stuff that helps me put the crossfades and everything.

Cubase is much more like a real machine like a DA-88 or radar system

Very cool thanks

Back