Tempo of imported file changes to project tempo

madfresh

What's up everybody.

I need your help. I'm working on a coursework at university where I have to compress samples in Cubase SX 3, but I got a problem. When I imported the files I wanna compress (Wave), the tempo of each file changes to the tempo of the project which is set to 120 bpm by default. So, what I hear is a file usually sped up a lot.

I tried to solve this problem by going into the Sample Editor, checking the tempo of the file (for instance 57.85 bpm) and then changing the project tempo from 120 to 57.85 bpm. This makes the file play in its correct tempo, however, the quality does not sound as good as the original file. It sounds like it has been poorly timestretched or something...Sounds a bit mechanic.

Before importing all the files, I have edited them in Acid. I suspect that maybe this can have something to do with the problem....In any case, is there anyone who knows what I could do to solve it?

Thanks!

I remember SX3 doing this when I used it. I cant remember exactly how i fixed it, but there is some kind of "auto tempo" matching option that will either match the sample rate of the audio, or the tempo... :confused:

I would start by making sure the sample you have imported is playing at the same sample rate as everything else (start with 44.1k). Then just play with the import and tempo matching settings... cant think what else to suggest. I know you can fix it :).

Back