Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TASCAM US-1800 - Can't hear recordings through speakers or anywhere w/ Cubase LE 5

Thanks

TASCAM US-1800 - Can't hear recordings through speakers or anywhere w/ Cubase LE 5

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello everyone. Title pretty much says it all. Things are recorded just fine (I think so at least), but when I go to play them back, I can't hear them through my speakers, or the interface's headphone input. Would really appreciate some help, and I took screen caps of everything I thought was necessary. And since I can't post a link to the album of pics because I don't have 10 posts, and I really don't feel like spamming threads for 10 posts, I unfortunately have to fill this entire fuckin thing with pictures. asgasgh.pngasgwdfhhdhf.pngghbjndfma,.pngiweulqrhjf.pngjkasghsdbn.pnguqwrijklqbwe.png

Thanks
    That first pic must be before you selected the driver for the US1800.

Forget about the VST System link page. Not relevant.

Now, after you record a track you will need to unclick the monitor button on each recorded track.

You can make this automatic in File>Preferences>VST>select 'Tapemachine Style' in the drop down menu 'Auto Monitoring'.

It seems you have things setup right, just need to get Cubase procedures down. Also, make sure you create 'MONO' tracks. Your project window shows you are setting up input tracks as stereo. By default Cubase gives 'STEREO' option. Always use MONO tracks unless you are actually recording a stereo source like a keyboard or Ipad, etc.. A microphone is a mono source.
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    I also moved thread to Cubase forum. This is a Cubase setup thing.

Oh, by the way welcome to the forum!
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    That first pic must be before you selected the driver for the US1800.

Forget about the VST System link page. Not relevant.

Now, after you record a track you will need to unclick the monitor button on each recorded track.

You can make this automatic in File>Preferences>VST>select 'Tapemachine Style' in the drop down menu 'Auto Monitoring'.

It seems you have things setup right, just need to get Cubase procedures down. Also, make sure you create 'MONO' tracks. Your project window shows you are setting up input tracks as stereo. By default Cubase gives 'STEREO' option. Always use MONO tracks unless you are actually recording a stereo source like a keyboard or Ipad, etc.. A microphone is a mono source.
    Thanks, I tried that. Didn't work though :/. Now whenever I record something and hit 'stop' or 'transport stop' all my tracks disappear... Doesn't look like anything gets recorded either.

Thanks
    Here is some text I sent to a previous user with similar questions:

You must first select the 1800 in Cubase. Devices>Device Setup...VST Audio System. In the drop down menu at top, select 'US-1800'. While on that page, check the 'Release Driver' box. This will allow the 1800 to play WMP, Youtube, whatever, while Cubase is open.

Now, go to Devices>VST Connections (F4 shortcut). Add a mono input bus. You will need to create a input bus for each input needed from the 1800. For each input bus created, you will left click on the 'Device Port' column (highlighted in yellow), and select the input channel of the 1800 that you wish to use. Leave the default Stereo output bus.

Now, create a track to record to. Project>Add Track>Audio>Mono.

In the 'Inspector' window at the left of the main project window, look for a symbol that looks kinda like this: >] SEE ATTACHMENT

This is where you select the bus you created in VST Connections. You will change this on each track that is using a different input channel on the 1800.

If you don't see the symbol, click on the track name at the top of the Inspector window to pull to the main Inspector screen.

You will need to also toggle the monitor button on the track to hear the input (it looks like a side view of a speaker). Toggle it back off to hear playback.
    --to make this toggle automatically; File>Preferences>VST. In the Auto Monitoring drop down menu, select Tapemachine Style.

Let me know if this gets you up and running.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    Here is some text I sent to a previous user with similar questions:

You must first select the 1800 in Cubase. Devices>Device Setup...VST Audio System. In the drop down menu at top, select 'US-1800'. While on that page, check the 'Release Driver' box. This will allow the 1800 to play WMP, Youtube, whatever, while Cubase is open.

Now, go to Devices>VST Connections (F4 shortcut). Add a mono input bus. You will need to create a input bus for each input needed from the 1800. For each input bus created, you will left click on the 'Device Port' column (highlighted in yellow), and select the input channel of the 1800 that you wish to use. Leave the default Stereo output bus.

Now, create a track to record to. Project>Add Track>Audio>Mono.

In the 'Inspector' window at the left of the main project window, look for a symbol that looks kinda like this: >] SEE ATTACHMENT

This is where you select the bus you created in VST Connections. You will change this on each track that is using a different input channel on the 1800.

If you don't see the symbol, click on the track name at the top of the Inspector window to pull to the main Inspector screen.

You will need to also toggle the monitor button on the track to hear the input (it looks like a side view of a speaker). Toggle it back off to hear playback.
    --to make this toggle automatically; File>Preferences>VST. In the Auto Monitoring drop down menu, select Tapemachine Style.

Let me know if this gets you up and running.

AHHH YES!!! That worked!!! Thank you soooooo much. You saved me big time dude . If I could rep you I would

Thanks
    NICE! No worries man. This is why I hang out here.

Now go slay some drum tracks and post em in the MP3 Clinic!

Thanks

Cubase LE 5 exported wav files silent

Hey again, more problems. In Cubase I am using a Tascam US-1800 to record my drums. However, after I record and export the file as a .wav file, when I go to play it back, it is completely silent.Untitled.png

Thanks
    Where are you exporting to? The "E" drive is... . Also you're exporting at 96/24. Can your playback device support that? Try exporting at 44.1/16 and see if that makes a difference.
    What I could once do all night now takes me all night to do.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bongoboy View Post
    Where are you exporting to? The "E" drive is... . Also you're exporting at 96/24. Can your playback device support that? Try exporting at 44.1/16 and see if that makes a difference.
    I'm exporting to my HDD. My C: drive is an SSD.

EDIT: Just tried what you suggested - nothing.

Thread Information