Sync Audio to MIDI tempo.

dannymix

How do I match the Audio wave to the Tempo of MIDI or vice versa, Iv been though the manual where you have to greate M points and then sync audio to tempo but nothink happends?

Danny.

I have yet to find an effective way to sync audi to midi other than either creating the midi & adjusting the tempo before you cut the audio track.

I think the best rule of thumb is a scenario like this:

Create a midi or click track and adjust the tempo (bpm) to the tempo you would like your audio performance to be performed at.

Cut your audio.

Never cut audio without playing to at least a click track at the appropriate BPM.

I hope this helps

In the case of syncing audio to MIDI, I agree with nattn in that the answer is "don't do that". To sync audion to MIDI, Cubase will have to time stretch the audio, which can degrade the sound. However, there might be times when you have to do it anyway. Maybe the audio track is already recorded and can't be recorded again, and for whatever reason you have to change it's speed. Is this the case?

I think syncing the MIDI to audio is more common. Perhaps you have a singer-songwriter who plays acoustic guitar and doesn't want to play to a click track. Then maybe you want to add MIDI strings later, and you want the notes to fall on the beats so that it looks correct when you go into the score editor. Then you'd want to sync MIDI to the original acoustic guitar track. Do you need to do something like this? I've done this before and it worked OK.

Jim

Back