splitting a stereo audio file?

bilibilek

i recorded some drums in a studio and i got them on an audio cd track by track.

i got different tracks on every right and left channel of every cd track.

so i import them, they fit into one channel, turning it into stereo, but i have to edit and mix them seperately. i have to divide the file into two. it's like the kick on the right and the snare on the left etc.

i need them seperate on seperate mono channels. can't seem to manage... can yuo help?

You coud double each stereo track and then pan each one hard left and hard right to get the seperation. But there is probaly a better way, just can't think of one right now.

Import them as stereo files like you have done, then export them by using the stereo split function, then import them again as mono files.

I've used Goldwave (shareware) to do this. Open the wave file in goldwave, then in the Edit menu select Channel and choose either left or right. Delete the one you don't want, then save the file as a mono file under a different filename.

mixit is correct the best way is to export each track one at a time using the stereo split function which is found under te export audio menu. When all are complete open a new project and import all of your new mono files.

Keith

Back