Sound problem is driving me crazy!!!!

Laynestaley

Newbie Shmewbie
Up to now cubase has been working just fine, yet today an annoying crackle appeared when I was playing a song in cubase. When extracting a song into a wav it sounds fine. The problem only exists in cubase itself.
Even when the 'play in background' option is turned on and I switch to an other program/window, the crackle disappears again!? I've tried numerous other disk buffer sizes and memory per channel settings and this gets ridd of the crackle, but only untill I click on something (anything).. The CPU and the disk load are fine... I've been searching in the manual and the forum but I couldn't find a solution.

I use cubase vst32, Win XP and an audiophile 24/96 soundcard . My pc is an Intel Celeron 1,2 GHZ with 256 MB RAM.

I should mention that I have just started using midi for the first time and the last thing I did before I got this problem was download a free VST plugin but I've disabled that and the crackle is still there. Also, due to a power failure, my computer was turned off and when I turned him on again, everything went very slow for the first half hour untill windows warned me that 'my pc was recovered from a serious error'. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Any suggestions? Please..

Does it happen when the screen is updating itself? Or is it at a time that the screen is sitting still but the cursor is moving across it?

No, it just happens when the song is playing and I'm not touching anything. There's nothing happening on the screen except for the 'play-line' moving over tho song..

Wish I could help ya...that sounds like a strange one that unfortunately is beyond my ability to help you. Hopefully someone else can give you some good advice.

Ok, Bass Master, thanks for the reply anyway.

I believe I sorted the problem out by altering the DMA buffer size in the Audio Delta control panel. (To be honest, I didn't have e clue as to what I was doing but it helped).

I exactly have the same problem...with the same products: I run Cubase on a P3 with a Midiman Delta 1010.
The clicks don't appear every time at the same place...and when I mixdown they don't exist yet.
Don't know how to resolve the problem...

Had the same problem. windows xp, cubase sx, 1.5ghz processor, pentium 4. The fix? Chucked the audiophile, and bought an Echo Mia. No more problems. Heard some rumor that the audiophile does't like xp's virtual irq's, but I really don't think that was it. I think I just had a buggy card...

Back