Something to read old Cubase .all files

rob aylestone

In another topic to try to help I fired up an old computer with Cubase 5 and SX3 on it. Cubase 5 works fine with the dongle, but I've lost access to the SX3 application. What's more annoying is that I found on the drive a mass off my old Cubase .all files - all the tracks we produced in the late 90s-early 2000s. I have the audio files, and the .all files and now nothing that will play them.

Has anybody come across a conversion tool? Most of our common tracks from then got updated to .cpr files but I've found a few we're having to redo from scratch when it's already been done. Did anyone write some kind of tool to do this when people were changing over file types? I don't remember ever seeing such a thing.

You need to re-install SX3. You can import .all and .arr files in SX3 and then save them as .cpr files. That's it.
If you didn't throw it away, you should still have your SX3 install discs. It still runs on Windows 10 (I know because I did it the same way recently for a customer of mine).

P.S. SX3 will still run on your eLicenser if you have Cubase 5 or Cubase Pro now.

Last edited:
Back