some random questions

Fire Dome

hey guys,
here are a couple of questions that i have, one has to do with Cubase SL 2.2.35 so i'll post them here.

1 when panning a source from left to right how do i make it so that ,for instance, a drum fill going down the toms, goes from left to right through each speaker during playback.

2 I am going to buy a set of wharfedale diamond pro monitors next week. now i will be using them with a soundcraft spirit E12. do they need any sort of amplifier or any extra equiptment or can i just plud them in and go.

that's all for now

Cheers Dave

Last edited:
Hey!

to get your drum fill to pan from left to write you need to;

1.select drum track and solo it
2.click 'Panels' then 'Midi Track Mixer'
3.find channel 10 (drum channel) and place where you can see it
4.click the 'Write' button (near top left)
5.then click play on your transport bar and as the fill comes up use the little green line above the drum channel fader to pan left and right, also the fader lets you adjust the velocity
6.deselect 'Write' and click 'Read' now play your source again and you should get the fill panning as you told it to.

This is known as 'read/write automation' - really handy when you get to know it! :D
Hope this helps!! :)

As for the next bit i dont know....sorry! lol

G1B0

if you get active wharfedales they just connects because they are self amplified btu if you got passive then you need an amp.

so actives are "plud" and play

j/k i actually like plud over plug. it sounds cooler

yeah cheers lads. Plud hehe! I really should be more careful.

I did know about the automation but i thought it would have been harder because i didn't think they could be automated. Does this mean anything on the channel mixer can be automated?
Does your technique work for real drums because i am a drummer and so i like to play the parts properly as opposed to using MIDI.

Thanks again

Dave

Basicly, anything parameter you can change in cubase, any slider, knob or number can be automated. However, there are some limits. Sertain VSTi's don't allow everything to be automated. If that's the case, you can probably still automate everything using midi controller values (you need to check the documentation of the vsti to find out which controller does what).

Panning and volume automations are very useful.

Back