Scissor Tool leaves black numbers all over the screen HELP PLEASE

selsong

HI there

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue. Most of the time Cubase Elements 8 works just fine. But every now and then the following occurs:

If I select the scissor/cut tool and move the tool around, it leaves a trail of black numbers all over the screen. Normaly one would get a little white box which tells you your exact position. Eventually the screen gets so full of numbers, I have to close down and start again.

Also if I lengthen or shorten a part the same happens although sometime this tool does not leave the numbers behind, they disappear right away

Is this a Cubase issue or a video card issue?? I have checked and I have the current updated driver for my vid card.

I have never had this occur before in all the years I have used Cubase. I bought Elements 8 about three weeks ago and only since installing it has this begun to happen
Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    216.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    276.5 KB · Views: 2
What version of Cubase did you have before? Sometimes it is necessary to trash the Preferences for that older version as the new version will try to use those instead of creating a new set.

Next thing I would try is trashing your 'Preferences Folder' for Cubase 8. Actually you can try that first in Cubase 'Safe Mode' by holding down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT when starting Cubase.

Back