Samplerate could not be set *NEED NUENDO HELP*

PedroDGonzalez

Hi.

I have a copy of Nuendo 2 being used at my studio and I also have it installed on my home PC so I can do some work when I am not at the studio. A few days ago, I opened up Nuendo on my PC and when I attempted to open a new project, I got an error message saying:

"Samplerate could not be set. This may be due to the sampleclock being set to external sync."

I cannot set the sample rate in Project Setup. I can neither record nor play any file in the program. I have nothing connected to my PC...nothing.

I uninstalled Nuendo and when I tried re-installing it, I got an error. While it said "Updating ASIO configuration, please wait", I got an error saying:

"You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account."

The thing is...my account is an administrators account...and it is the same account I initally installed Nuendo in. I tried all the other accounts (administrators) and I got the same error.

My guess is that the ASIO drivers are not being installed. Because after getting this error, I ran Nuendo and I did not see the thing where it checks the drivers.

Could someone help me??? It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

have you checked to see if the soundcard is being seen by windows?...sounds like its not seeing the soundcard...thus the errors

Hmm, wish I could, but it's a little too messed up for me. I run Nuendo 2 as well, and when I had problems I looked for help at the support forum at Nuendo.com. You could try that if you don't find help here. They were extremely unhelpful and snobby, but it's worth a shot. I'm thinking you might want to try Windows support as well, because it seems like there's a privileges conflict, but that's just a shot in the dark.

Markaholic said:
are you forgetting to plug your dongle in?
I was gonna ask - doesn't Nuendo use a dongle?

Also, are you using a soundcard that supports the sample/bit rates you're trying to use?

are you trying to load a previous project...or a new project? maybe its the project you was working on got biffed...strange...i still think its soundcard related...thats the only time ive seen those errors show up..that or after running certain plug-ins....have you tryed a restart of the PC?

I would uninstall Nuendo and your soundcard and try reinstalling your soundcard (Check for new drivers first), and try reinstalling again.

Does your soundcard have its own control panel software??? Check to see if there is a function there that prevents external applications from changing the clock-rate and bit-depth (i.e. M-Audio has this feature), if so disable it. Be sure to also set sync to internal, if not using external gear.

Hey,

Sorry if I might be stating the obvious, but its worth writing i guess. Have you tried going to Devices>Device setup>VST Multitrack ad then changing to ASIO driver?

I have noticed that if I make a project using one driver option, and then change the driver option, close down, and reopen the same project, I get a 'Samplerate could not be set...' message. Usually just need to change the driver back to what I was using when I started the project.

Again, sorry if I am saying stuff people already know...

PedroDGonzalez said:
Hi.

"You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account."
I think this is a windows message and probably has nothing to do with Nuendo. You get this type of message when you do not have permission to do a particular procedure. Even though you have an administrators account you may not have the permissions set up correctly. Check your security settings.

legionserial said:
Hey,

Sorry if I might be stating the obvious, but its worth writing i guess. Have you tried going to Devices>Device setup>VST Multitrack ad then changing to ASIO driver?

I have noticed that if I make a project using one driver option, and then change the driver option, close down, and reopen the same project, I get a 'Samplerate could not be set...' message. Usually just need to change the driver back to what I was using when I started the project.

Again, sorry if I am saying stuff people already know...

I've tried that...there is no driver on the ASIO driver box and when I click, the menu doesn't drop down. That's why I believe the drivers are not being installed.

NYMorningstar, that's what I've been thinking. Probably once I solve that, I'll get Nuendo working. I'm checking out all my settings now...no progress yet but I'll see.

Look for the InstallLog file in your Nuendo folder. Open it (In a text editor..i.e "Wordpad"). Scroll to the bottom. The very last line should read "User Rights: Admin". The 2 lines or so above that should reference the ASIO drivers. If it does not say "Admin", then it is a problem within your Windows installation. I am currently investigating how this could have been altered in the registry (Do you use windows XP???), and a possible fix for you. But worst case scenario you may be looking at a reinstall of windows :(

It might be in your interest to start backing up your files now.

These are the last two lines in the file.

You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account.
User Rights: Admin

Yep...I'm using XP. I had a problem with spyware a few weeks ago and I deleted certain keys out the registry, but only those in the structions I found on the Norton site on removing the threats.

What's this fix you have?

Going to the studio in a few minutes, will try to find something out for you. Spyware really can screw you over huh.

Back