Returning to Cubase after many years

I tried joining Steinberg's Cubase forum and could not get in. After the confirmation email came a "permanently banned" message when I tried to log in!

Thanks for the computer tips. As for screens, I've read that Cubase can benefit from a second monitor, but I don't have room for that. I thought about getting a 17" gaming laptop, or even a larger desktop, but I think I'll try using the 15 first and see how it goes

Well that is not right. Did you log on your user name from your 'mysteinberg' account? Where you register and get your downloads? Maybe they connected you with someone else. I suppose I could ask for you but sure it just something....

Cubase is actually best used with 3 monitors, but not everyone has that ability. There are more options for splitting screens in Cubase 9 and 10 for those with laptops or only one screen. Get as big of a screen as you can squeeze in your space. :)

Well that is not right. Did you log on your user name from your 'mysteinberg' account? Where you register and get your downloads? Maybe they connected you with someone else. I suppose I could ask for you but sure it just something....

Cubase is actually best used with 3 monitors, but not everyone has that ability. There are more options for splitting screens in Cubase 9 and 10 for those with laptops or only one screen. Get as big of a screen as you can squeeze in your space. :)
Thanks for the monitor advice. As for the Cubase forum, do I need to register as a customer first? I don't have anything to register yet. I just tried to join with an email address and user name. It appeared to work at first, and then I was banned before I could even log in.

Thanks for the monitor advice. As for the Cubase forum, do I need to register as a customer first? I don't have anything to register yet. I just tried to join with an email address and user name. It appeared to work at first, and then I was banned before I could even log in.

Yeah man, it is kind of exclusive. You need to register for the Steinberg forum from your mysteinberg page. After you register an actual product. Then you will have access to the forum. Not just looking at posts...

I assume the reason is that Cubase 5 is likely the most torrent copied version ever. They do not need pirates or trolls invading the site. Nor do we here. They make it so people that have not registered products cannot join the forum. Actually a great idea.

That being said, Cubase 'direct' support is likely the worst I have ever seen. But, the members are very knowledgeable and will help you through whatever. The Steinberg forum members have saved me many times and I also try to give back when I can.

Just don't try to put in a support ticket...Unless you have been a member for a while.

I actually got a 15% discount on Cubase 10 from a moderator by calming down a situation on one emotional forum thread...

I guess I'll start with Elements and if I don't get Tempo Track just upgrade.

Jimmy, thanks for the forum info. Good to know. Seems odd that there's a forum area for presale questions when you have to own a product before you can post there. Catch-22.

I've read in multiple places about Steinberg's lacking customer service. Too bad about this. When I was using Pro 24 in L.A. back the '80s and then Cubase 1, you could just call a phone number and get a person straight on the line. One time Steinberg even called me to ask how Cubase was working out.

That said, one reason I'm interested in Cubase at all is it's the only music software I've ever used and I never had any trouble operating it. I know it's changed a lot, but if I could figure it out 30 years ago, I hope I can figure it out now.

Anyway, I'm about to be traveling for two weeks, so when I return in January I'll get my ducks in a row and see about jumping back into the swim.

1 - yes that would work
2 - yes what would work for the beginning too
3 - its big many things have changed
4 - they are fine and useful

i see you are about to use many vsts and Librarys sooner or later you will upgrade to a new machine

Back