Rendering

David Artis

Hey All,

I purchased an Alesis Master Control unit a few months ago to go thru about 300 ADAT tapes I had and collect tracks for about 40 songs that were scattered across them in various stages of completion plus dump all scratch ideas to the HD for future use.

I used the Cubase Le4 that came with it and everything performs as expected. Especially impressed by the Alesis unit. For the price its a gem.

My question is:

Now that I have all these songs in Cubase with edits, cuts, paste and so forth I need to render all the tracks down to a set of wave files that I can take to a studio I will be using that will mix the material for me before having it mastered (probaly by Bob Katz since he is only about a hour and a half from me in Orlando).

The studio I am going to have them mixed at is an SSL/PT installation with lots of good outboard gear.

I have been reading the manual but I cannot find how to take these 30+ tracks in some cases and render them down to individual wave files for input to the PT system.

Any help will be appreciated.

You can email me here or at my private email or call me if you like.

Thanks in advance fo any advice you can give.

David Artis
813-441-4976

I haven't had the need to do this, so don't know how much it will help. I'm thinking you created a new project for each song. If so, you can open the Pool and do a Prepare Archive. I think this will create a folder with everything in it, or it just ensures that everything is in the project folder. Then you can put the project folder on a disk or usb drive to transport to your mix studio. All the audio files will be in the folder. However, I don't think the edits will tranlsate to PT unless PT can import Cubase sessions or projects. I doubt it.

If that's the case, then I think the only other option is to solo each track and mixdown each one to a separate wav file. Tedious.

Click - File _ Audio Mixdown _ Selected Tracks. Be sure to have the tracks you want individually rendered highlighted.

Good Luck!!!!

Back