record from instrument track to audio track - cubase 5

victor lamonde

Apologies if this has been covered before but I cant seem to find any information specific to my requirements.

I'm using a plugin as an instrument on an instrument track. FYI it is Kerrstinn by Shruiken.se. It is a pretty simple plugin that works by loading a wav file into it and once cubase starts playing the sample is looped and butchered by random slices. I would like to record the audio output from the plugin onto an audio track but not having any success. Kerrstinn does not have any output options and it does not rely on MIDI note information from its own track, indeeed the track itself can be blank.

So can this be done internally within the DAW or do I have to look at a hardware solution?

Can't you just set the input of the audio track as the output from the instrument track?

Cheers :)

Or you can just solo the instrument track, use audio mixdown and then click the "audio track" checkbox. It will appear at the bottom of the project window when it finished exporting. Remember to export to project audio folder.

Cheers :)

Back