Problems importing audio files - weird pitch shift/time warp

eckertone

Hi everyone!

I got the following problem with Cubase 10 Elements
I tracked my band live in the rehearsal space and for convencience reasons our key boarder (who uses logic for his sounds) just recorded straight on his laptop. When trying to import his .wav-files cubase added the tracks in mucher higher bpm. When trying to adjust the tempo I had to increase the bpm to slow down the tracks. Super weird! When I finally had the right tempo the key tracks were pitch shifted and completely out of tune.
When sending my keyboarder a mix down of all the other tracks, he could easily add his parts. For mixing this is not an option, though.

So what can I do here? Grateful for any advise!

All the best,
eckertone

The easiest way to sort this is to ask him what BPM and sample rate he had set Logic at when he did the recording. Unless you recorded to a click track, most likely it was a default setting.

You should therefore use the same BPM and sample rate settings in Cubase.

However, I don't have a ready explanation for the weirdness you describe.

Yep, had this happen before.

Before you import tracks, you need to set your Cubase project as the same 44.1 or whatever the tracks were recorded at that you are importing. If you import later, Cubase will convert to project, but it never works right.

Find the exact format that is coming in. Set your project to that and you should be good.

For any additional track additions, it should work as long as your project is set the same.

Back