Problem With Cubase Vst32 Midi Input

Luxy

I got a midi controller connected via a midisport 2*4 midi usb interface. Im getting activity on the actuall interface but when i try playing something on cubase there is no activity. Please Help.. Thanksss

hi,

it's been a while since I've dealt with VST 32 but all you should have to do is go to Options<midi preferences(setup) and make sure that your MIDI out is set to your midisport and that your audio is correctly routed through your sound card. Then you just select the midi track you want to play on (or vst instrument). You should make sure your sound card is working with cubase first, then deal with midi

hope that helps!

A.

Still not working!!GGGRRrrrrr..lol

Thanks for the reply, however still not working. This is my new setup which i jus got the other day. I got a P4 3.0Ghz Pc. I have a M-audio 410 sound card and usb midi sport interface. I have the korg triton rack which is connected to the midi out of the midi interface........then i got a midi controller connected to the midi in of the interface. When i choose the correct inputs and outputs in cubase i can hear the sounds when i go into pian roll from the korg triton rack...however when i press the keys of the midi controller nothing comes out. But on the midi interace there is activity shown when i press the keybaord on the led light....but the activity is not shown in cubase transport bar. Please can you help its dpin my head in. I would be gratefull with some help.

Just making sure I got the chain right -

Midi Controller OUT to USB Midisport IN
USB Midisport OUT to Triton IN

I have a Midisport 2x2 myself. Make sure both device are on the "1" ports. Also, if you have a button that says "USB / MIDI Thru", make sure it is set to "USB" (pushed in on my 2x2).

Are you trying to play VST instuments, or you just want Cubase to record what you are playing on the Triton?

Make sure all devices are set to the same MIDI channel.

Still Still not working

Ive connected a USB midi controller for the input and that works. Is there any settings that i need to change in the sound and devices device manager.

Back