Presonus FP10 and Cubase 5.1 and Windws 10 64 Bit, Input and outputs not working?

Dennis Sigala

I setup Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on SSD, New install, I could not get Presonus FP10 to work using the compatibility Windows 7 setup.
I did find a post that stated you need to replace the USB driver to a Legacy driver, Great so now Presonus FP10 Links up. Blue light on
I can setup VST connections and see Firepod and device setup, But connecting Microphones to inputs , I get no Levels showing, Im attaching screen shots!
I'm thinking thou the Legacy 1394 syncs up with Presonus, It does not allow inputs and outputs, even thou it shows connected??

Attachments

• 2018-09-05.png
    2018-09-05.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2018-09-05 (3).png
    2018-09-05 (3).png
    146.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2018-09-05 (2).png
    2018-09-05 (2).png
    164 KB · Views: 4
You only have a stereo input setup.

You need to setup the buses. In that first picture you need to (IMO) erase the one stereo input bus and then add 8 mono input buses. If you have a s/pdif device add 10 instead.

Can you at least hear the mics by turning the mix knob on the presonus all the way to input (counter clockwise)? This is how you monitor mics with zero latency on the fp10. You need to turn it towards playback to hear what cubase is outputing in terms of audio.

I'm not sure how new you are so if this seems condescending it was not intended to be.

You only have a stereo input setup.

You need to setup the buses. In that first picture you need to (IMO) erase the one stereo input bus and then add 8 mono input buses. If you have a s/pdif device add 10 instead.

Can you at least hear the mics by turning the mix knob on the presonus all the way to input (counter clockwise)? This is how you monitor mics with zero latency on the fp10. You need to turn it towards playback to hear what cubase is outputing in terms of audio.

I'm not sure how new you are so if this seems condescending it was not intended to be.

I really appreciate you helping me out!
Funny, earlier today before I read your message, I loaded Cubase, and it said I needed to setup all the inputs and outputs
in the Asio duplex, How I missed this is frustrating, and I thought it was because of Windows 10, I almost loaded WIndows 7
Then after setting them up. It worked! But Thank you again for taking the time to look and help me out!
Namaste

No problem. I recommend saving the setup so you can easily recall it again should it ever reset on you.

Just hit the little "+" folder next to the presets drop down (in that first picture) and give the setup a name.

You can also click on the busses and name them something easier to remember if you want. I have 18 inputs myself and like to name everything in a way that makes sense (like 2626 1,2,3... then D8 1,2,3... then L6 stereo etc...)

Back