Please help me record vst instruments from Loopcloud to Cubase Elements 9.5

Richardpm38

step by step instruction would be good

hi guys,

due to this covid situation I have got interested in home recording again, I am mostly a musician, and Cubase is hard to understand, I have had Cubase elements 9.5 for ages, and I don't have any problems recording from guitars basses or vocals, but due to not being able to have band practices I have been trying to come up with inspiration by using loops from Loopcloud 5.3, when I try to add a VST instrument track from Loopcloud, I can hear the track playing through my speakers, but when I try to record the loop, nothing happens, nothing records, its really doing my head in :-(

I am using a Behringer Audio Interface

I am able to import loops from Loopcloud, but recording the sounds would be easier, if I could actually get it to work like I think it should

Cubase should be renamed a music production software to keep idiots busy for days

I think I have read about people with similar issues, but haven't sussed the answer from them

happy new year

p.s I can do it from Reaper straight from my laptop

Unless you have a specific interface that can record the computer’s audio, or unless you route the output on your device to an input on it, you can’t do what you want.

thanks , I think I need to route the output on your device to an input on it,

I am not sure how to do that, I have a Behringer U PHORIA UMC 404 audio Interface

Take one trs jack from the output and plug it into an input. You shouldn’t need any gain. You’ll be able to record a mono file of the loop. If I may ask, why would this be easier than importing the files?

hi,

thanks I will try that later,

yes I can import the files, the funny thing is when I tried Reaper I was able to record the VST instruments

I thought I was missing out on something with my Cubase and I have a trial version of Loopcloud that I am playing about with

and it sorts all the loops into categories, which makes it easier for finding things.

thanks for the help/advice

Back