Oh crap!

jimmys69

MOODerator
Tried a new plugin that now has my Cubase unable to open. Gonna throw some shit at some shit!!!

Maybe some info is a good idea.

Soundtheory Gullfoss. ilok updated. eLicense updated. Restart, restart.

Cubase hangs at Initializing: Scanning VST3 Plug-ins...

Safe mode start has no difference.

Any ideas?

I have had the occasional problem with plugins and Reaper. When they crash my projects and can't load the project, I go to the VST plug in folder and rename the DLL to something else so that Reaper can't see them. I can then load the project and remove the offenders.

Same process in Cubase, my load screen occasional hangs when it scans the plug in folders, and I've never tracked down which is the culprit. I suspect it's when it decides a plugin is to go to blacklist status. Can you take the plugins and take clumps of them into a new folder outside the vst search and narrow it down. Again, no proof, but I wonder if it's not always the new vst, but a combination of the new and the old? Perfectly fine before instant ion and later, after too, but a pain on first install.

I assume you've already tried just removing it? Have you tried putting it in a different vst folder?

Go to the VST 3 plug ins folder and move the gullfoss DLL to the desktop. Then try Cubase. If Cubase now gets past scanning the VST 3s , you havr the culprit and can still make use of the Gullfoss VST2.
Just a thought.
VST 3 s usually stored in Commons Fiules inside Program Files (I think)

Ok, friggen strange. 14 hours later and it loads fine. Hmm...

I wasn't aware Cubase took sick days. Maybe she's pregnant. :)

Thanks for the help guys!

Something new and strange now. Stereo out bus inserts not working correctly.

The bus clips no matter how hard I hit a limiter or change it's output level. WTF?

Fader turns down output to monitors but meter stays the same.

But, in Control Room output, I have no clipping.

Same results in safe mode.

Anyone know of a button I accidentally clicked?

Attachments

• Master Bus.jpg
    Master Bus.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
Ha! Global metering was set to input for some reason...

Not sure how that got changed. I never touched it.

All good. :)

Back