No midi input & no output thru monitors

syncop8shun

I need help in trying to get midi into and out of Cubase, as well as hearing playback through monitors.

I just purchased Cubase VST 5.0, M-audio Omni Studio w/ Delta 66 sound card (for mic input), and Tannoy monitors in order to start my new home recording hobby. My Micron Millenia PC already has a Creative SoundBlaster Live! card and has Windows ME as the operating system. I plugged the midi out from my keyboard to the soundcard's 15-pin, set the audio multimedia properties (through "Sounds and Multimedia" in the PC's Control Panel) for Midi music playback to "A: SB Live! Midi Synth".

In the Cubase "Setup MME" window, the MME input displays "SB Live Midi UART" and does not give me another choice. I have an old Yamaha PSR500 midi keyboard which does not indicate local on or off. When I play the keyboard, nothing registers on a midi track in Cubase.

I then tried hooking up the midi out to a USB, but still nothing registers in Cubase.

Also, I have a second sound card (Delta66) for the audio input. The audio input through this sound card does register in Cubase, however, I can not get any output through the monitors that are hooked up to the monitor out of the Omni I/O unit. I have checked volume levels within the Cubase mixers and within the PC's volume controls and everything seems alright.

Any ideas about these two problems? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks toyL!

Unfortunately, when I ran DxDiag, my PC locked-up twice, however, after rebooting a couple of times, it worked for me. Great suggestion! With your help I have been able to resolve receiving music out of the monitors, however, I am still trying to resolve the lack of midi input. Hopefully, I'll be able to work on this some more this weekend. I'll update this thread as I continue to work through this issue.

By running DxDiag, I was able to figure out the setup needed in order to get both the sound into Cubase via the midi keyboard and the sound out of Cubase through the monitors. Thanks for your help, toyL!

Is this the first time a thread has been resolved with only two words?!!

Back