no guitar signal

I am adding an Audio track, mono, but no signal on the meter..sound is ok out of headphones...
I tried every output chain I could... still no signal... the other 2 tracks are ok...
what is wrong with this screenshot output chain???
I never had this before...yesterday I installed demo version of Guitar Rig 6....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 3.23.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 3.23.08 PM.png
    176 KB · Views: 3
You need a Cubase user to help.

However, the times I don't get a signal are most commonly caused by me (a) plugging the guitar into a different interface input, (b) not selecting the correect input channel in Reaper, or (c) forgetting to turn phantom on to power up the DI.

It is unlikely that installing GR6 would be a cause.

Start problem solving by removing everything from the signal path except the bare minmum.

I tried the set up in Studio One and it was ok so its not the hardware...When I look at audio in and out it shows no ins..
but Studio One was ok...so that means its a Cubase thing... tried resetting, midi works, its just Audio in Cubase...
what could it be,..??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 5.57.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 5.57.27 PM.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 1
I got it going and maybe someone in the future should know what I did.... In the input/output routing strip up top you have drop down choices like stereo,L,R,Mono R etc.... but sometimes Cubase might not load ALL the choices it should.
Its a glitch in DAWs in general. In this case I had to delete the track and reload another and then at the bottom
there was 2 more choices, mono L( RT2) and mono R(RT2). You have to select the mono that shows your interface in parantheses.The other mono choices might NOT work.
One thing that would have helped would be an improvement in the Cubase gui.What a fantasy. They update every 6 months instead of every 6 weeks. They need more coding improvements.Where did all the talented coders go???
I guess not to Germany..

Last edited:
Back