newbie on a learning curve

coolsoundman

I just bought cubase, but before I did, I was just researching the product on the musicians friend website and reading up on it on the website of steinberg. I'm a Sonar user and was looking at the sample pictures they had of the program and it looks a little different. A friend of mine tells me that its just like sonar, but it just looks different. So I got the program and was fixing to try it out, but when I went to the projects folder, it takes me to the dialogue box containing my folders asking me for the location of the "pool". where is this folder or do I have to create one? But, how hard is it to learn, or what is the learning curve?

in some ways it's one of the harder ones to get into... it seems as if they are really trying to be obtuse with the manual.... best thing to do schedule some alone time and RTFM... good luck....

coolsoundman said:
when I went to the projects folder, it takes me to the dialogue box containing my folders asking me for the location of the "pool". where is this folder or do I have to create one? But, how hard is it to learn, or what is the learning curve?

Yes that is something you have to create, I have a folder named Cubase and store each new project in that folder, in subfolders. If you are used to Sonar, then Cubase should'nt be that hard to get the hang of. Reading the manual is recommended though. Good luck!

B

Back