Newbie enquiry re using Cubase to access Ableton Live

TomJonesTribute

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the Home Recording website.

First off, the site looks great, well organised and very informative, so I will be spending even longer sat at my computer now ;).

I am a full time pro singer and recently got into using Cubase 5 on my PC to modify backing tracks, add backing vocals etc.

I've recently got to the point where I can record vocals in my home studio, use FX channels, compression, reverb, delay etc and the results are great! I've still got tons to learn, but it's such a cool thing to do that I'm totally hooked :)

So, to my question.....

I have Cubase 5 as my main recording/mixing software, and an M-Audio midi type keyboard for adding instrument sound samples to the mix ( i.e. drum beats, synth sounds etc. )

I've got Ableton Live, Fruity Loops and all the regular Cubase sounds installed on my PC.

I've managed to access Cubase sounds via 'Media' - 'Open Sound Browser' and place these sounds in my mix, but my main problem is effectively accessing sound samples from Ableton Live from within Cubase? I've gone through the process of 'Devices' - 'VST Instruments' - right click VST Instrument.... But I can't see the 'Live' software listed????

Fruity Loops comes up in the list and I can bring sounds from this software into Cubase quite well, so the basic process seems ok? I also recall seeing Live being installed when I first installed the Cubase 5 package of software?

So, if anyone can assist me in finding 'Live' in Cubase I'd be really grateful.

I'm going to post now, then get back to reading some more of the stuff from the Forum.
And I thought I was too old to get excited about anything anymore LOL!

TJTribute

Back