Mixdown failure in cubase ai8

So: Now all 5t0 tracks are going a one stereo buss. Mix the track while monitoring just that stereo buss and you'll get ther mix you want. I suspect the other three buss levels are what has changed your mix.
Phew.

So: Now all 5t0 tracks are going a one stereo buss. Mix the track while monitoring just that stereo buss and you'll get ther mix you want. I suspect the other three buss levels are what has changed your mix.
Phew.
Yes the mix changed after mixdown but I deleted the old mixdown and remixed on the single stereo output and exported mixdown and that's fine for now.I think the next step is to drag it or select it in to a mixdown fresh project and start mastering through the inserts, sends and adding compression and EQ to the main output.I'm not sure how to start because different forums have so many different ways of mixing and mastering.

Perhaps there were volume adjustments on some of the outputs you were using before which are no longer being applied now that everything is going to the main output.

Robert Donithan said:
1 Minute Ago
Yes I had to readjust the faders or volume for most of the 50 tracks first and then mixdown the stereo buss.

Upon a closer look, you have 32bit depth selected and you chose to have the mixdown track imported back into your mix. Are you sure those are the choices you want to make?
I want to have the project dragged or selected from a pool of clips and recordings in cubase and put it into a fresh preset project called "Mixdown" and start mastering fromvthete. But truthfully I haven't exactly finish my project but hurt my knee a little and just needed to study or learn how to mixdown and master when wasn't doing anything.I think I can still finish the project and just add it to the mixdown project later.Maybe it will line up in time and tempo to the first mixdown, if not I'll just move the tracks until they do.Thanks.About the 32bit, I have the 64bit version of cubase and Windows10 Pro..so I don't know if that makes a difference in quality or what.

About the 32bit, I have the 64bit version of cubase and Windows10 Pro..so I don't know if that makes a difference in quality or what.

32 bit (float) audio files and 64 bit software are to completely separate and independent things.

The audio file bit depth is something you select based on what you're going to do with the file later. If you're going to do further processing then 24 or 32 bit is a good idea. If the file is for release to the listening public then 16 is usual, though 24 might be appropriate.

The version of the software you use is dependent on the computer you're running it on. You can't run 64 bit programs on a 32 bit computer. A 64 bit computer running 64 bit software will generally outperform a computer running 32 bit software.

32 bit (float) audio files and 64 bit software are to completely separate and independent things.

The audio file bit depth is something you select based on what you're going to do with the file later. If you're going to do further processing then 24 or 32 bit is a good idea. If the file is for release to the listening public then 16 is usual, though 24 might be appropriate.

The version of the software you use is dependent on the computer you're running it on. You can't run 64 bit programs on a 32 bit computer. A 64 bit computer running 64 bit software will generally outperform a computer running 32 bit software.
Further processing..and WoW did just the one plugin that's connected to the main output that Cubaseai8 gives me for a preset Mastering Project, it was the difference from my guitar sounding like rattling cans starting out to sitting right in the mix.All I did was fish through the presets and sampled the sound until I got the right one.I now can do things through the stereo output with inserts and sends and fool with the EQ waves.thanks.

Back