Mixdown failure in cubase ai8

I have roughly completed a project with 50 tracks some midi some audio some instrument..When I exported to mixdown and completed the process only some of the tracks show up. I don't believe that it is recording the instrument or midi tracks.Any suggestions? It may have something to do with the extra outputs. I have four and they only allow me to check one output at a time.So how do I have the whole project mixed down and recorded into a stereo recording?
Re: First export and mixdown failure
Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:32 pm

Attachments

• 0615191831_Film2.jpg
    0615191831_Film2.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
It looks like in the screenshot, you do not have Stereo Output selected. You should select the stereo output. Be sure all your tracks are routed to the stereo output.

If you use a Send Effect, like reverb, on vocals, the vocal track will have two outputs, one to the reverb plug, the other to the Stereo Out. Then the reverb plug will go to the Stereo Output as well.

I have four different output and input busses and that seems to be the problem because my cubaseai8 daw doesn't have batch mixdown select..I thought there could be a work around.

I don't quite understand what you are doing? You want a multitrack mix?

When you are doing your mix with the mixture of real and Midi tracks (50?) you hear them to get the balance and effects and stuff? Once you have set the in and out markers, you just export to stereo between the markers and set the format? In the left box, why are you not leaving it set to stereo out?

There is no batch mixdown in cubaseai8 so I have to ask in forums how to workaround it.Like a trick. The reason for checking stereo out is that I have to check one because there is no multichecking or batch mixdown.It mixdown one output etc. at a time but I would believe that if I mixed down each one seperately they wouldn't end up as one stereo song recording.

Eh? Do you want a stereo mic of what you are hearing when you press play? If so, check the stereo output and export it. There's surely no need for a workaround if yo0u want stereo and not an UNMIXED separate output of each track. In Ai, you can do this simply by muting each track not wanted and exporting a mono mix one by one. If you want stereo with the pans and effects, then export a stereo track. I'm very confused now?

In the left zone in the channel selection box I have to check one of the outputs not all or even two at a time can be mixed down, one check at a time. The Pro cubase versions have multi or batch mixdown.

Last edited:
Plain and simple.....I have a 50 track project in cubaseai8 and I want to export mixdown so my whole project(all the tracks can end up as a stereo recording after mixdown..It seems like I used several outputs and can only mixdown one output at a time.So if I mixdown one output at a time more than likely they will end up seperate and not one recording..My mistake I guess was using more than one output.I should have just used Stereo Out.

I'm totally confused by what you are trying to do. I've been a Cubase user since 1994, and am currently on pro 10. I have used Batch export maybe once or twice in that time. Are you using the wrong terminology and this is confusing things?

If you do a mix down, it is a mix of multiple tracks down to one, mono - or two, stereo, or maybe quad, 5:1 or 7:1. If you want stereo - the big standard normal process why are you worrying about batch exports and stuff. click stereo, click export, have a cup of tea!

If you've accidentally set up multiple stereo outputs, check the routing box in the mixer for each channel, make sure stereo out is selected in each one, then delete the stereo2 bus in the in/out routing.

I routed them all to Stereo Out and initiated mixdown but I keep getting cpu useage overload warning and I start over and gets a little farther but then I gave up because the warning keeps showing up.

Got it going now ..rerouted all to Stereo Out..but upon playback after mixdown It came out with different mix(some tracks louder than other -uneven).also real time option in mixdown export caused too much cpu warning and aborted mixdown so I unchecked the box and it works now.

Upon a closer look, you have 32bit depth selected and you chose to have the mixdown track imported back into your mix. Are you sure those are the choices you want to make?

Got it going now ..rerouted all to Stereo Out..but upon playback after mixdown It came out with different mix(some tracks louder than other -uneven).also real time option in mixdown export caused too much cpu warning and aborted mixdown so I unchecked the box and it works now.

Somehow the taskbar on my computer blocked out some of the checkboxes.I got it going now. All tracks to Stereo Out and export mixdown Stereo Out.It works but the tracks have a different level than what I had originally mixed them as..I'm pretty sure after changing the routing to all to Stereo Out the way that I mixed the project to 4 seperate busses changed the levels when eliminating the other 3 busses.

Plain and simple.....I have a 50 track project in cubaseai8 and I want to export mixdown so my whole project(all the tracks can end up as a stereo recording after mixdown..It seems like I used several outputs and can only mixdown one output at a time.So if I mixdown one output at a time more than likely they will end up seperate and not one recording..My mistake I guess was using more than one output.I should have just used Stereo Out

So: Now all 5t0 tracks are going a one stereo buss. Mix the track while monitoring just that stereo buss and you'll get ther mix you want. I suspect the other three buss levels are what has changed your mix.
Phew.

Back