midi plays ahead of tracks please help

altiris

something strange happend all of a sudden. After I play a midi track it plays like two beats ahead of the mesure. It does it with any of the VSTI. It worked fine till the middle of a song I was working on. Now even starting a new project will still do it. Im running Cubase sx2 with a EMU0404 at 32 bit floating at 44.1khz, athlon3700+, 2 gigs ram. Im using the emu asio drivers with 7ms. Ive tried increasing and decreasing latancy. This just decided to happen one day. Its been 5 days on the cubase forum at styni and no one seems to care about my problem. Like no one answers my question :mad: . Has any one had this issue with the midi track comming out ahead of the song? right now Im runnig 2 audio tracks and one midi. Thanks for any help any one can give me.
one other note: it does not do it when I record audio

Last edited:
altiris said:
something strange happend all of a sudden. After I play a midi track it plays like two beats ahead of the mesure. It does it with any of the VSTI. It worked fine till the middle of a song I was working on. Now even starting a new project will still do it. Im running Cubase sx2 with a EMU0404 at 32 bit floating at 44.1khz, athlon3700+, 2 gigs ram. Im using the emu asio drivers with 7ms. Ive tried increasing and decreasing latancy. This just decided to happen one day. Its been 5 days on the cubase forum at styni and no one seems to care about my problem. Like no one answers my question :mad: . Has any one had this issue with the midi track comming out ahead of the song? right now Im runnig 2 audio tracks and one midi. Thanks for any help any one can give me.
one other note: it does not do it when I record audio

Sounds to me that either cubase or your soundcard has some sort of Latency/Delay compensation in use that might be over compensating...

besides that I'm not sure.... just a guess

Wickermusic said:
Sounds to me that either cubase or your soundcard has some sort of Latency/Delay compensation in use that might be over compensating...

besides that I'm not sure.... just a guess
it sounds like that cause its in right timing but its off by about two beats. I mean I can just move it over. but I'd like to know why its doing it or if I accidently change something. aslo I've noticed when I play a not as Im recording the note looks like it hits the right place on the bar but I can see that it shifts over to the left by the time I hit the next note which will cause it to play back ahead. Ive looked through all my settings. I guess I have to study what all the numbers and values mean in the setting

i'm strongly deem it's a bug, coz i'm in the same case, when u just open a new project, it's only off a little bit, around 1/16 note, but when u work 1hour or longer, it's off 2 to 3 beat early!

I've ran across two bugs or what I think are bugs, in cubase sx2.

Recorded MIDI being out of sync with recorded audio is one of them. What works for me is to go to Device Setup, Direct Music, make sure that Use System Timestamp is checked, then uncheck it / recheck it, click OK. Do this at the beginning of each session, before any midi or audio is recorded. I'm not exactly sure what it does but it works for me.

The other bug I found is with the metronome. Sometimes the metronome starts getting all screwy and out of sync. The work around for it is to click Transport, Metronome Setup, when the box comes up, just click ok. Do this at the beginning of each session too.

Hope this helps.

Anyone know of anyone other Cubase SX2 bugs and workarounds?

Back