Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Metronome in recorded track. Cubase 5/UR22 MkII

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I would also try using something like Audacity to record the tracks to determine if this is something in Cubase or if it's a routing setting in the Steinberg software.

FWiW, this never happens on my UR44C but I'm using Logic Pro X on a Mac, so haven't bothered to dig around in the Steinberg s/w. (In Logic, the click is routed to [monitor] outputs 1+2, which is how it's heard in the headphones, but not printed in the mix. To get it to show up in a single track would require a change in Logic or some convoluted tinkering in the mix control s/w. I've honestly not touched any of the defaults in the Steinberg.)
    "... I know in the mornin' that it's gonna be good
    when I stick out my elbows and they don't bump wood." - Bill Kirchen

Thanks
    cubase metronome can output either a midi click or an audio click - but it normally defaults to the main stereo output, unless your audio device has extra outputs which you use for monitoring. There's no way I can accidentally add the click to the audio from a track. I can't make mine do what is happening here. How about turning off the audio click and using a MIDI click sent to Halion? that might work?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rob aylestone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I am quite sure we have all realized that this isn't really a possible thing unless something is really messed up.

I suppose I should throw out there the question of why you are using Cubase 5. That was released 10 years ago, and is also the most frequently pirated Cubase software.

Not throwing you under the bus, but why are you stuck with that version?
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 10 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Hi guys,

Firstly my excuses for being absent on my own thread, Iím currently in hospital and wonít be home for another week.

That aside, it must be something Iíve set up wrong, Iím far from an expert but keen enough to keep at the problem. Iíve assigned all ingoing and outgoing audio from the Mac to the UR22. I may try looking there when Iím home again.

Why Cubase 5? I started playing around with Cubase on a Mac in 2001 until 2010. I immigrated from New Zealand to my home country Holland and after 10 years want to revive my hobby. The setup I had wasnít possible anymore so armed with a tiny budget I bought an 2008 Mac, upgraded it, found a genuine Cubase 5 with extra Halion instrument packages and added the UR22 mkII because that was only just compatible with Lion and Cubase 5 could run on Lion as wel with the right patches. Long story short, money for a studio is minimal and this I could afford to put together. When everything works, Iíll get years of pleasure out of the setup and thatís my aim. Compatibility is a big obstacle for everyone I think, but thatís a part of the challenge.

When Iím home Iíll dive into it again.

Thanks for the all the feedback!!!

Thanks
    Hey there Scute! Best wishes for you getting better!

Cheers!
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 10 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmys69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks jimmys69,kind of you.

I'm back at home, with some fresh ideas.

I checked all the settings between Cubase and the UR22. In the audio/MIDI configuration of the iMac all inputs and outputs were routed through the UR22. This doesnt seem to be necessary, only the mic input is now changed to the UR22. This didnt fix the problem just yet. In the configuration of the UR22, "Loopback"was enabled. I disabled it and the metronome/click track doesnt end up in the recorded audio track anymore! Problem solved!

Now I'm going on the hunt for an affordable DAW controller.

Thanks guys

Thanks
    The simplest solutions are fine when they cure it - they just make you cross. Good to hear you're back home and up and running again. Anyone you hear in hospital at the moment is worrying - her in the UK, people are avoiding treatment for routine stuff because they're scared.

Funny world at the moment!

Thanks
    Funny world indeed...

My stay wasn't for Covid-19 but another illness for life. Autism+depression+suicidal. Sometimes the road your on is black and you need help to find which direction light is.
    I've got my next question lined up in another thread!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scute View Post
    Funny world indeed...

My stay wasn't for Covid-19 but another illness for life. Autism+depression+suicidal. Sometimes the road your on is black and you need help to find which direction light is.
    I've got my next question lined up in another thread!
    Some of us here get that man. Don't forget most of us are musicians. We all have fucked up shit about us...

Cheers Scute!

Thread Information