Just got Cubase SX...doesn't work..

mjm620

I installed it and registered it and everything and when I try to run the program i get "An error has been signaled by protected object server" then at the bottom it says "No protection device detected "or something like that and it closes. What can I do? Theres no required hardware like protools right?

mjm620 said:
I installed it and registered it and everything and when I try to run the program i get "An error has been signaled by protected object server" then at the bottom it says "No protection device detected "or something like that and it closes. What can I do? Theres no required hardware like protools right?
Did u install the dougle?

well.. hold on ...theres a small chance that mjm620 actually bought cubase sx for $600 and then thought.. "those ppl on homerecording are way more knowledgable than steinberg customer support, so maybe ill ask them ...it will be easier" .. im keeping my fingers crossed for that one (for his sake)...

cuz the other option is he registered a cracked version of cubase (which is genius!!)

(i dont know why i even post sometimes)

I doubt he tried to register it with Cubase unless he's a complete moron! :D
I would also imagine that if he's buying a $600 piece of software he knows that it requires a dongle.

seismetr0n said:
well.. hold on ...theres a small chance that mjm620 actually bought cubase sx for $600 and then thought.. "those ppl on homerecording are way more knowledgable than steinberg customer support, so maybe ill ask them ...it will be easier" .. im keeping my fingers crossed for that one (for his sake)...
Nah, he was on today, he certainly would have said something if that were the case.

If it's cracked, he doesn't need a dongle so it must be another problem. Possibly he bought a badly cracked crack.

mjm620 said:
What can I do?

You need to call Steinberg tomorrow and ask for help. I'm sure they're more than willing to set you straight regarding your little problem.

mjm620 said:
Theres no required hardware like protools right?

Nope, just the little blue dongle that came in the box with the cd and quickstart guide. It should of asked to make sure the dongle was in place. Odd.

actulally I have owned cubase. I bought the new version of audition 2(legal upgrade) and decided to switch back to cubease, and forgot all about the dongle.

mjm620 said:
actulally I have owned cubase. I bought the new version of audition 2(legal upgrade) and decided to switch back to cubease, and forgot all about the dongle.

Pathetic. They all make it look like they are all saints and you are the BIG THIEF.
Remember the "illegal software" poll awhile back? Over 50% of the members here use ILLEGAL software. LMFAO. :rolleyes:

mjm620 said:

Yeah, sure ya did. And we believe you about the legal upgrade to AA too.

fraserhutch said:
Yeah, sure ya did. And we believe you about the legal upgrade to AA too.
I probably still have my AA reciept, and I upgraded online to the new version. I dont much care for the new version, btw, which is why I switched to cubase, and am awaiting my refund. I will forward you my refund email.

Back