Just bought SX from a local dealer - Found a bug?

cowby

Hi,

I am a sonar user but bought SX from a nice local dealer few days ago. The version I got is 1.01.

I found the following ....

1) Load a wav file 2 bar long and repeat it (Ctrl-D) 3 times so I got a 8 bars beat pattern. And tell SX to loop those bars.

2) Cubase SX is the master and Korg EM1 is the slave.
3) I pressed the play button in Cubase SX so the EM1 started to play some drum patterns with the same tempo - 126.
4) I found that during the 2nd or 3 rd bar, the drum beat pattern started to off beat (may I say out of sync).

I know there is a patch called 1.03 but I dare not install it for the moment as I listened some negative comments from the news group. But anyway, could someone tell me if this out-of-sync problem is a bug in 1.01 ?

My midi interface : MIDIsport 2x2 and WINXP

Cowby <--- a brand new user of SX.

I don't know what newsgroups you've been reading, but 1.02 and the 1.03 upgrades fixed an enormous amount of bugs and added new features. I don't know that they will solve your problem, but go to steinbergs website, head to the download section and read everything that gets fixed with those upgrades.

I had SX since it came out, but I didn't even try to use it until 1.03 came out because of the high volume of problems with 1.01 and 1.02.

Back