joining 2 tracks

popmirrorman

Kia Orana folks

I've been searching the net for hours to find a solution to this. I recorded some music from vinyl into cubase elements. When i turned over the record i stopped and restarted the recording. When i exported the recording it created 2 files because of the stop. I want to make the 2 files into 1. I tried gluing the tracks together in cubase but it still exports as 2 audio files. Is there a simple solution or do i have to re record?

Many thanks in advance.

Ian.

When you export, you must have the locators set from the beginning of the stuff you want exported. Whether there are multiple events should not matter.

It could be on your export menu that it is exporting individual tracks.

Try 'Snipping tool'. Oh crap, you might need 10 posts to actually paste a file. Not sure.

Try that anyway. If not, you can PM me for my email address. It is something easy you are missing Ian.

Cheers!

Something a drift here - most songs nowadays are made up of lots of clips edited together - the export works on material between the start and end points and should give you one stereo track with the default settings. I don't know how you would 'not' get this? whatever you do - mix levels, eq, effects all get rendered out in the export panel. Can you explain a bit more the process you are using?

Problem resolved. Ian was exporting to wrong location on his PC. One of those easy to miss things...

Back