I lost my elicenser. What will happen if I buy a new one?

D. Lundy

Okay, so I lost my Cubase elicenser while traveling. If I buy a new one, will it be like I had never lost it? Will I have to reinstall Cubase or make a new account? I know these questions sound silly, but the thing costs 43 bucks (plus shipping and handling).

This shouldn't require a lot to answer.

Thanks (as always)

Your completely boned my friend. You really need to find that thing if you can.

You can't just replace the licenser and have the software work again, you will have to buy the licence again (what you actually are shelling for when you purchase cubase). I have no idea if steinberg offers any sort of discount on a second license, but my experience with them leads me to believe that your out the full amount of money you shelled for cubase.

Sorry to drop that little bit of negative info, but breaking your key would have been a better reality that losing it.

Hi D.Lundy, sorry for your loss, i believe that if you can call steinberg and provide them with proof of purchase and make sure that you have registered the dongle number on Steinberg.net. Try to see if they can help you out, usually in your Steinberg account you should be able to see the activation code for cubase and if they can help then your best bet is either ebay or craiglist. I bought my C5 full version for 250$ because a guy wanted to get rid of it and did not want to wait to sell, good deals come by very often though.

Good luck.

Back