How much will it cost to get cubase with extra Vst sounds?

You don't 'buy with sounds', you add them on any sequencer using vst plugins.

You can use the FREE soundfont vsti SFZ from Cakewalk and play any soundfont.
SFZ: http://www.cakewalk.com/support/project5/sfz.aspx
Soundfonts: www.hammersound.net , www.sf2midi.com , or Google 'soundfont'

There are a large number of free and commercial 'soft samplers' available to let you add an infinite number of instruments to your sequencer. Start HERE:
http://www.tweakheadz.com/software_samplers.htm

(and you'll want to bookmark and read through all of Tweak's Guide...)

Cubase 5 includes Halion which include drum samples, piano, strings, and other stuff. Not to mention the coolest vocal corrector ever!.

Cubase 5 includes Halion which include drum samples, piano, strings, and other stuff. Not to mention the coolest vocal corrector ever!.

Zero by vocal corrector do you mean the vst, or that pitch editor- dont know much about that but im reading about how to use it atm.

It depends how good you want them to sound, Cubase comes with Halion which has a number of instuments to meet your needs but the quality of them isn't the best. To add more sounds you will need to buy some vsts seperatly. again depending on what you want, there are plenty of free vst's out there. but if your wanting fully sampled instruments your going to have to pay top doller. If you want to have a look I use spectrasonics trillian for my bass guitars, and addictive drums for . . . drums belive it or not :) and alecias keys (native instruments Kontakt) for piano. . these sound about as real as real can be without having the musician in the room.

Zero by vocal corrector do you mean the vst, or that pitch editor- dont know much about that but im reading about how to use it atm.

The pitch editor, correct vocals (Vari Audio), quantize audio to the grid just like Melodyne but without making bridges and stuff like that, 2 click on the audio track and Go for it!! no CPU waste.

Haha, i'm feeling like a Steinberg dealer.

Yes, the Halion doesn't have the best sounds, but can make you start doing things. If you want the best VST's you will have to spend money. You can get only the ones you need depending on the music style you want to record. I have a cool Reverb (free from TC Electronics), get a good Compressor and EQ, for me those are the most important plug ins... Waves are great.

Back