How Do You Use VSTS

ZappaFreak

hi there, i'm very new to cubase and up until now i've been using it simply to sequence wav loops i've created in reason 2.5 and virsyn cube. I've been trying to work out how to use the vsts and while i can get them to appear i can't seem to record them to the track...i've looked at the manual but didn't find it very helpful. so if anyone can tell me how vsts work that would be great

cheers

Pages 267-268 in the Operation Manual explain how to setup a VST instrument, and use it on a MIDI track.

If you already have activated the VST in the VST instruments panel, you need to select a blank MIDI track in the project window - then in the track inspector set the In and Out. In the Out (there will be a dropdown box when you place the mouse over it), you should be able to select your VST instrument. Make sure you select a channel too.

warble said:
Pages 267-268 in the Operation Manual explain how to setup a VST instrument, and use it on a MIDI track.

If you already have activated the VST in the VST instruments panel, you need to select a blank MIDI track in the project window - then in the track inspector set the In and Out. In the Out (there will be a dropdown box when you place the mouse over it), you should be able to select your VST instrument. Make sure you select a channel too.
thanks for your help, grreatly appreciated

cheers

Back