How can I record multiple vocals on cubase with 3 mics independently?

kachy

Hello. I'm new here and need urgent help with this. I use Cubase 5 and a UMC404HD soundcard (with 4 inputs). Now I have connected 3 mics to the soundcard. I need help on how to get them working on cubase and also record with the 3 mics on 3 different channels so I can mix the vocals independently. Someone help please.

Have you not found your routing options? It's just a case of telling Cubase ch 1 comes from input 1, 2 from 2 and 3 from 3. Then you create 3 empty tracks and three input channels, which you assign in the inspector to 1,2 or 3. It really is that simple.

Thank you Rob Ayelstone for replying. Please I'll need more clarification on this routing and assigning to inspector that you talked about. Can you be more explicit. I have a recording with a group in less than 24 hours and will need this settings. Thank you.

So, you are recording with a group in 24 hours and have no idea how to use your software you have had since 2010?

Sorry man, wrong site to ask questions about cracked software.

Rob answered your question though. Figure it out.

To be nice: You have to select the driver in cubase for the UMC first. Then enable the inputs for the device. Then select those inputs on individual channels.

Sorry but you will have to figure out the details and learn. Sure there are lots of Youtube videos. Better get to work now. I not simple.

Cheers!

Much has changed with Cubase 10 since Cubase 5. Bet he going to have fun even getting the software to work right...

Oh, I missed the Cubase *5* part! Yeah, that one is long past sunset :)

That's the most common cracked version of Cubase, and I'd imagine that the only people still using it in 2019 obtained it through nefarious sources.

I think Steinberg sold more legit Cubase packages after people got fed up with the mega unreliability of that crack. The reality is that version was a steepish transfer from SX3, but the input and output routing has changed little - and I find it incredible anybody would try to do something important with Cubase without at least getting familiar with such basic stuff. Doesn't make the recording that reliable. Best of luck - but everything you want is Googlable/Youtubeable, and for a version either way it's very similar.

I think Steinberg sold more legit Cubase packages after people got fed up with the mega unreliability of that crack. The reality is that version was a steepish transfer from SX3, but the input and output routing has changed little - and I find it incredible anybody would try to do something important with Cubase without at least getting familiar with such basic stuff. Doesn't make the recording that reliable. Best of luck - but everything you want is Googlable/Youtubeable, and for a version either way it's very similar.

Yeah, I have heard many stories of the cracked Cubase 5 being way unreliable. And that is actually a good thing IMO. Then came the working evil dongle... Muahahaha!!!! You can't steal no more... Said Steinberg....

So we get to have reasonably priced software but with an ankle bracelet. Thanks pirates! lol

I haven't even seen my dongle in a few years as it is in my tower. It does kinda suck for those using lappys tho...

The easily cracked version may have been an advertising by Steinberg scheme....Just a thought. :)

Back