Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to avoid resetting audio loops in a track

Thanks

How to avoid resetting audio loops in a track

Sign in to disable this ad
    What I want to find out how to do is after loading a tom tom and then duplicating it 30 -40 times and manually putting each one in line with the other tracks(tempo etc.) I changed my mind because the tom tom sounded good previewing it in mediabay but not in the audio track.What I would like to try to avoid is loading another tom tom and realigning those after duplicating so is there a way to replace them with new tom tom audio from mediabay without realigning new ones?(like replace)

Thanks
    There is a way to use Hit Detection and Sampler Editor to replace sounds. It's meant for doing exactly what you want. I do not know how to use it, but it's in the user manual.

Another way, if it is the same audio clip duplicated then you can replace the .wav file with your better sounding tom. Go to the audio folder for the song. Find the audio file for the tom. Rename it to something else, ie tom.wav>tom_old.wav. The place the new tom audio file in the same folder and rename it to what the old file used to be called. New_tom.wav>tom.wav.

But here is the clincher. Your tom hit is going to start at specific point in the audio file, you'll have to match the same starting point or you will have to go through and realign all the clips in the track.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    There is a way to use Hit Detection and Sampler Editor to replace sounds. It's meant for doing exactly what you want. I do not know how to use it, but it's in the user manual.

Another way, if it is the same audio clip duplicated then you can replace the .wav file with your better sounding tom. Go to the audio folder for the song. Find the audio file for the tom. Rename it to something else, ie tom.wav>tom_old.wav. The place the new tom audio file in the same folder and rename it to what the old file used to be called. New_tom.wav>tom.wav.

But here is the clincher. Your tom hit is going to start at specific point in the audio file, you'll have to match the same starting point or you will have to go through and realign all the clips in the track.
    That's what I am trying to avoid, realigning the starting points from the clip. I duplicated the clip 30-40 times and individually (not knowing an easier way) matched them to the other instruments tempo. I was going to tweak them later.You're saying it will"fool"the audio file in the project folder and maybe load the audio track in cubase the same as it would with the old clip? I have cubase Al 8 and Al 10 and don't believe sampler editor comes with those.
    Last edited by Robert Donithan; 05-18-2019 at 13:56.

Thanks
    ...you will have to go through and realign all the clips in the track.
    They could well all be off by the same amount. It should be possible to group them and move them all together. I don't know Cubase but I could do this in Pro Tools or Vegas Pro, two very different programs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Donithan View Post
    You're saying it will"fool"the audio file in the project folder and maybe load the audio track in cubase the same as it would with the old clip?
    Yeah, just renaming the wav files in Windows like I described will cause Cubase to use the new file.

Quote Originally Posted by BSG
    They could well all be off by the same amount. It should be possible to group them and move them all together. I don't know Cubase but I could do this in Pro Tools or Vegas Pro, two very different programs.
    You're right. Great idea. Easy to do in Cubase. Turn Snap off. Select the tom events. Slide into the new position.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    Let you know this coming week.

---------- Update ----------

Yeah, just renaming the wav files in Windows like I described will cause Cubase to use the new file.

You're right. Great idea. Easy to do in Cubase. Turn Snap off. Select the tom events. Slide into the new position.
    Let you know if it works this coming week.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    Yes it's called nudge in cubase..Select all on track and micro move them into place.

Thanks
    Where is the media Pool window located in windows10 file explorer? I tried what you said but cannot locate windows 10 explorer folder or file of the new tom tom...I tried overlapping a deeper tom tom but too much trouble.Maybe I can transpose it lower so it sounds deeper.

Thanks
    Where are you saving your audio files? It's in a location you selected.

Thanks
    Where are you saving your audio files? It's in a location you selected.
    It is in cubase projects but the original tom tom doesn't seem to be there or a new kick drum I inserted into the audio track where the old tom tom is..neither one of them show up in any audio file that I could find..According to the Pool in media when you ask it to show the file(tom tom or kick) in windows10 explorer, they say ""cannot browse vst3 sound in explorer"...So I just erased the old file and whittled down 30-40 copies of the kick drum getting them to align to tempo and other tracks...what I'm learning is that the least little change of position(audio or midi loop etc.) in tempo for a drum or other percussive instrument can "spice it up" or make you say"that's better".

Thread Information