Help: LAME in Cubase LE 4 to export mp3?

arcadeko

Illuminatius Overlordious
I thought I could add the lame dll encoder in Cubase LE 4 but it doesn't seem to be recognizing it - but I am also not sure what folder it should be in (Vista)

I put it int he audio codecs, root, compnents folders with no luck -restarted cubase ewach time - has anyone been able to do this?

It might be that I am using the lame 64 bit plugin and cubase is 32 bit - maybe i should download the 32 bit plug in? Any help would be appreciated.

Assuming that's similar to Cubase 5.5, which I'm using, I had the same issue and eventually learned that it's not possible. Fraunhoffer has exclusive rights with Cubase, so it's not possible to make a LAME MP3 from within Cubase.

Download Audacity (the new beta should be fine) and the LAME encoder and use that. It's very easy and it's free. Open up Audacity, import a wav, and then simply hit export right after and save as an MP3. The VBR MP3s are best. Much more like the original wav than the Fraunhoffer MP3s you'd make in Cubase. Audacity pales in comparison to Cubase, but there are one or two perks like this. So it's worth having around I think.

Back