Guitar distortion plugins!?

skaman

What do you thik about recording guitars direct and then put the signal trought the preamp or virtual amp plugins?

Does anybody have any expirience with that? Does it sound cool?

What plugins do you suguest or use for that? :confused:

Just recently I got to try out Guitar Rig, by Native Instruments, and it blew me away. Very flexible, and the amps sounded great. I only got to try it at a music store, mind you, but even in that environment it sounded good.
I Think the biggest issue people have with this is the time it can take to get a good sound. With an amp, you have Mic choice, and that's about it, but with software you can do almost anything. Very overwhelming. But, if you give it time, you can get some nice sounds. I have not used any other amp modeling plugins, so someone else will have to pitch in about them.

I'm a total newbie to Cubase, but I found a free download of plug-ins (From a University site I believe) called Guitar Suite. One of which is an extremely sweet sounding Marshall JCM 900.

Tahnks to both of you guys! Those plugs are both very impressive. i need just a little bit mor metal,hc sound. little more drive.

Back