Groove Agent SE

macmoondoggie

Since GA SE does not output midi, has anyone actually recorded a track?
The forum posts I read seem to indicate its possible, but no one seems to be able to communicate how and the SE manual is the worst. One post says "you simply export the audio mixdown". How do you do that when you can't even record an audio or midi track with GA SE? I hope the tone of my post does not sound too negative, but this is driving me nuts because the only thing I can't record is GA SE. The other SE instruments are great and the rest are real guitars, basses and vocals so I do know how to use the program (Cubase SE). I am very frustrated as you can tell and any help is greatly appreciated. :confused:

So if you want the drums alone, just solo the track and do an export. Also, the blurb for GA says you can export MIDI files from it - I know people do, because some then use them to trigger higher quality samples like Drumkit From Hell.

Thank you guys for your responses. I was able to export a pattern to an audio file. The lack of any visual recording was what threw me off.
This is GA SE so there is no midi capability at all. If these folks you know are doing it using the SE version, I would like to know about it. I think they probably have the full version though. Thank you once again. ;)

The SE drums sound good, but I've yet to get them to do anything other than make a sound when I strike a keyboard note. Not useful for a track.
I think others like yourself have figured out to make them useful, I'm still trying. Thanks! :rolleyes:

You can create your own drum patterns in midi and trigger Groove Agent.
If you are finding you need more options for patterns.

Well, I don't actually use Groove Agent. I planned to, but...that's another story, I ended up with Drumkit From Hell Superior, which has very good sounds though it's a bit of a pain to set up (worth it in the end). I hate programming MIDI drums but I have a huge collection of MIDI drum files, which I get from various places, and I just line lots of them up end to end in Cubase and let it run until I hear something that suits the song, generally edit them quite a bit.

Back