Free PlugIns?

utsman

Is there any such thing as a free plug-in? Or by free does that mean pirated? I know little about this so don't presume I am trying to get free illegal plugins. I saw another thread saying something about compressed files etc. Are any plug-ins that are downloadable for free illegal? Can you only get real ones on a disc that you buy at a store? A guy I met gave me a disc which had stacks of plug-ins on it. I could tell straight away they were cracked because they had little text files with dodgy instructions and Yes I uninstalled them. Is there any chance that my P.C caught a virus from these?
Any information on this would help me, as it seems that everyone I know has free this and cracked that.

www.kvraudio.com is your friend.

Go to the search bar. You can specify to search for Commercial or FREE plugs (plus a jillion other things).

Always go there first when looking for plugins.....

Thanks guys,
There is really free stuff. What about the chances of a virus in my p.c from some of the illegal ones I temporarily had installed. ( I am very protective of my music computer) _ and paranoid

utsman said:
Thanks guys,
There is really free stuff. What about the chances of a virus in my p.c from some of the illegal ones I temporarily had installed. ( I am very protective of my music computer) _ and paranoid

Very small.

Run a virus checker anyway.
Try AVG from grisoft and adaware from lavasoft.

BTW - love those fishphones plugins.

Back