fade in

AI 10.5 Mac
My events are not showing the triangles in the upper corners to drag down fades.... what setting is off
for that??

Steinberg said that audio events have the handles for fades and "audio parts" don't have them. What on earth is he talking bout??
If I have tracks I have events, no???

He means that if you glue together a number of audio samples, they are an audio part - but not directly editable, and they have a feint border on screen and do not have the usual handle where you can add the fade curve.

...Sounds like you are doing a bunch of messing with things you need not be doing...

Just record man. :)

something else... I just tried an external monitor..Toshiba TV and it worked good via the Thunderbolt plug. Set itself up
too. But I lost all sound only in Cubase until I saw that it changed the channel settings from stereo to nothing.
I changed them back to stereo.... is that going to happen every time I use the external monitor???Its a Toshiba TV
that I never use. But it makes a decent monitor.20 inch.
ever heard of this??

Last edited:
Try this: highlight all events on the track...under the audio tab, select bounce. This produces one continuous audio file, itself fully capable of edits including fades.

Another quick fix is just use track volume automation.

If that doesn’t work your problem is someplace else far too complex to discuss outside of Steinberg tech support...

Are you using the TV via HDMI with embedded audio? This will redirect the computer output automatically. Nothing to do with Cubase, your computer does it. You might be able to find a setting somewhere to disable embedded audio via HDMI.

Back