exporting an edited midi file from project view

Dr Shock

Just wondering how to export a single midi track from project view in SX3 after editing.
One of my clients brings in a midi file, which I import into Cubase. This gets brought in as all sepertate tracks, which is really nice. I can't figure out how to take just one of those tracks and export it without the other tracks exporting with it. The only success that I have had is to copy the midi track, paste it into a separate project, and export from there. Just wondering if there is an easier way. Could not find info in the manual.

thanks

i was just asking about this on the cubase forum yesterday.
somebody said it works if you solo the track that you want exported, but then someone else said it doesn't and i haven't had a chance to try it yet.

so i guess that's one thing you can try, though i don't know if it'll actually work or not.....

I tried soloing the track to export, but it still exports all midi tracks. I guess I could save the same project under a different name, delete all the other midi tracks and do the export, but I would hope there is a more time efficient way to export the single midi track.

HA! i think i just figured it out....

if you mute the clips (rather than the tracks) that is what will prevent the midi info from being exported....

Back